|Fred Partridge||Past President|
|Colleen McGoff-Dean||Vice President|
|Katherine Lozada||Recording Secretary|
|Tom Gage||Corresponding Secretary|
|Gordon Mantle||Director At Large|
|Aleta Peterson||Director At Large|
|Dave Carroll||Director At Large|
|Paul Ledaire||Director At Large|
|Jenn Lane||Director At Large|
Founded in 1944, the volunteered-based White Rock Players’ Club has an established and storied history that spans 68 years and more than 350 productions.
In 1958 the White Rock Players’ Club won the Dominion Drama Festival, which was the first time a community theatre had won the title of “Canada’s best theatre club”. The White Rock Players’ Club used the prize money, along with funds raised within the White Rock community, to purchase a building on Johnston Road.
On March 12, 1960 the first performance was held in the new White Rock Playhouse theatre. It was a great success and the club never looked back—by 1966 they paid off the building and from that point on, have been able to operate almost grant-free.
To celebrate its 60th the club’s 50th anniversary in 2004, a project was launched to renovate the White Rock Playhouse with the help of the Rotary Club of White Rock. It re-opened in 2006 with a new lobby, auditorium and balcony along with 220 new seats.
Today the White Rock Players’ Club is still a much-loved community showstopper, producing five shows a year, which encompass comedies, thrillers, dramas and the ever-popular Christmas Pantomime.