Company: White Rock Players’ Club @ Oceana Parc Playhouse
Director: Kerry O’Donovan
Producer: Dianna Harvey
Choreographer: Ann Matterson
Production Dates: April 12 - 30th, 2023
White Rock Players Club 1532 Johnston Rd, White Rock, BC V4B 3Z7
If you are interested in auditioning for this role, please email your headshot/resume & statement of interest directly to Kerry O'Donovan at email@example.com
We thank all for submissions, but only selected applicants will be seen/scheduled for audition.
Those contacted will be sent appropriate selections from the script in advance of the audition and scheduled the audition directly.
For the role of:
● Henry Albertson (“The Old Actor”)
○ Age range: 55-75 years
○ Mostly non-singing role; some short passages
○ Ability for an English or Mid-Atlantic accent is an advantage
○ Physical requirements:
the ability to climb into and out of a large trunk
● Henry and Mortimer are comic actors who move the action forward at the behest of The Narrator. They appear when summoned, and leave when no longer needed. They live in a world of fantasy, almost as though they are players within another company of players. As performers their glory days are long past.
● Henry “specializes” in playing grand characters and confusedly reciting Shakespeare, but with very little success these days. May be asked to speak in an English accent.
● Henry and Mortimer function as a unit and rarely appear apart from each other. They are entirely theatrical and theirs is the world of the stage.
Rehearsals will begin in the last week of January, 2023.
All other roles in “The Fantasticks” have already been cast.
Again, we thank all for submissions, but only selected applicants will be seen/scheduled for auditions.
Present at the audition will be Kerry O’Donovan (director), Ann Matterson (choreographer) and Dianna
Harvey (producer). Rehearsals will begin in the last week of January, 2023.
This is a non-Equity production (all participation is on a voluntary basis), but we are open to casting Equity actors. It is up to the individual to apply to Equity and obtain an exemption.